Your Guide to Dreamforce 2022: How to Survive and Thrive
What began as a small gathering for Salesforce customers in 2003 has since become one of the most impactful tech conferences in the world. Each year, Dreamforce brings Trailblazers together for three jam-packed days of clutch workshops, parties, and networking opportunities.
Let’s get into everything we know about this year’s event.
Dreamforce 2022: Go Big and Come Home
There’s no doubt that Dreamforce looks a little different post-pandemic. Event organizers have done an outstanding job adapting to the changing world and reinventing the conference. Now, in-person attendees aren’t the only ones who get to indulge in the fun, as content is also available via live stream and on demand.
This year, the Dreamforce will take place September 20-22 in San Francisco, which has been home to the conference since its inception in 2003. This year’s event at Moscone Center is expected to host over 1,100 breakouts and sessions.
Tickets are reported to be sold out, but you can visit the Salesforce website to join the waitlist.
Why should you attend?
Dreamforce is Salesforce’s biggest event of the year – with something to offer for everyone in the Trailblazer community. From training sessions to the unveiling of new products to networking opportunities, Dreamforce gives everyone a chance to learn from and connect with the experts around them. Just a few of the major names on this year’s list of speakers include Marc Benioff and Bret Taylor, Jennifer Hudson, Bono, Matthew McConaughey, Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Jane Goodall, and several others.
The event also prides itself on raising both money and awareness for important causes each year. Charity is important to Salesforce. Just last year, the conference raised $1 million American Forests and One Tree Planted to support them in the fight on climate change.
Of course, the conference is also about having fun! In between all of the sessions and talks, there are also parties and even a musical guest to keep attendees entertained throughout the conference. We can’t wait to find out what this year’s Dreamfest party has in store!
Modelit’s Top Tips
For those of you planning to head to Dreamforce in September, we thought it would be helpful to gather some top tips from our own attendees. Here’s what they had to say:
How to Organize
- Download and make use of the Salesforce Events app! The app can help you stay up to date, keep your schedule organized and personalized, and let you stay connected throughout the event.
- Take the time to consider which parts of the conference are absolutely crucial for you to attend. Make note of those sessions, but also keep an open mind. It’s highly likely that you’ll come across something new, having to miss out on something else in return.
- Be sure to arrive early to each event that you plan to attend! Event locations can fill up fast, so it’s important to get there with enough time to save your spot.
- It’s a good idea to map out your events ahead of time. Many of the talks are spread out, and it can take time out of your day to make it from one to the next. Consider planning for about 5 to 15 minutes between sessions to commute.
- Make time to visit the demos! At the developer, administrator, and architect areas you can ask questions and get answers from members of the Salesforce team. You might even get the chance to speak directly with a PO or PM in the area. Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
- Don’t overbook your schedule with sessions. Leave some time to have lunch or rest. Why overdo it?
What to Do
- There are plenty of activities happening throughout the 3-day conference. Here are a few we know you won’t want to miss:
- Tuesday, September 20th
Main Keynote – 10:00-12:00
It goes without saying that you can’t miss the Main Keynote! Get in early and grab a seat to listen to Marc Benioff, Bret Taylor, and a handful of special guests.
Dreamforce Newbie Breakfast – 07:00-09:00 @ Sears Fine Food
Whether or not it’s your first time at Dreamforce, this reunion breakfast is a great way to get your conference started. It’s an opportunity to meet up with other great minds within the Salesforce ecosystem before diving into all the goodness that Dreamforce has to offer.
Transformation for the Long Run – 17:00-19:00 @ Fogo de Chāo
This event put on by Salesforce & FinancialForce will give you a chance to mingle and listen to top speakers on success in the digital era.
Developer Networking Party – 17:30-21:00 @ Microsoft Reactor
It’s time to get up close and personal with your fellow Salesforcers. At this party, there’ll be an open bar, food, live music, and plenty of networking.
- Wednesday, September 21st
Dreamfest – 18:00-21:00 @ Oracle Park
Now, for the biggest party of them all! Dreamfest has played host to a list of incredible headlining performers over the years. This year, Red Hot Chili Peppers will join that list! Trust us, you won’t want to miss out.
- Thursday, September 22nd
True to the Core
Join Salesforce CTO Parker Harris, Chief Product Officer David Schmaier, and several other product leaders to ask questions and get answers about the Salesforce product roadmap.
With legendary NBA star, Earvin “Magic” Johnson as a keynote speaker, you’ll get to watch entrepreneurs as they pitch their sustainability businesses in front of a live audience.
Wine-Down – 16:00-19:00 @ Elements Spaces
If you’re looking for a calm place to relax as Dreamforce comes to an end, you’ve made it to the right place. At “Wine-Down,” you can enjoy the final hours of the conference while sipping on a crisp glass of wine.
Michalforce Cigar Shindig – 17:00-20:00 @ Cigar Bar and Grill
For the 10th time, the Cigar Shindig closes out Dreamforce in style. This staple event is another great way to finish out your conference experience.
What to Pack
- It is essential to pack comfortable clothes for Dreamforce! You’ll want to be comfy as you’re out and about all day long.
- You’ll be doing plenty of walking, so a good pair of shoes are necessary for an enjoyable experience.
- Bring multiple layers of clothing. Remember that the conference is in San Francisco in autumn. You can expect varying temperatures, cooler nights, warmer afternoons, and lots of wind. Inside session locations, it can also be quite hot. You’ve got to be prepared for anything!
Where to Stay
- We at Modelit suggest that you think outside the box when it comes to accommodation for Dreamforce. Don’t be afraid to stay a bit further away, as San Francisco’s BART public transportation system can reliably transport you to and from the event venue. You’ll have to allow for some extra time, but you’ll make up for it by saving money!
Who to Follow
- We recommend that you follow all of the key Salesforce social media accounts and top influencers to stay up-to-date on all of the Dreamforce news.
- A few important Instagram handles and LinkedIn pages for updates include:
- Some of our Twitter favorites include:
- Marc Benioff – @Benioff
Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Salesforce
- Chris Duarte – @TheChrisDuarte
VP of Trailhead Content
- Parker Harris – @parkerharris
CTO, Co-Founder of Salesforce
- Ben McCarthy – @SalesforceBen
Founder of popular SalesforceBen blog
- Amy Oplinger – @SalesforceAmy
Admin and Salesforce MVP
- Rakesh Gupta – @rakeshistom
Salesforce Architect and MVP
- Daniel Peter – @danieljpeter
Salesforce MVP and Advisor
- Vala Afshar – @ValaAfshar
Chief Digital Evangelist at Salesforce
- Kier Bowden – @bob_buzzard
Salesforce Developer MVP
- Mike Gerholdt – @MikeGerholdt
Director of Admin Evangelism at Salesforce
So, what are you waiting for? Whether you’ll attend in-person or online, it’s time to get started planning your Dreamforce 2022 experience!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this guide to Salesforce’s famed event. Check back for more details as we get closer to the event’s start date!
For further questions or concerns, please reach out to us by filling out the form below!
Get exclusive updates on how to get your max ROI in Salesforce, and on what's happening in our community.